How To Enhance Your Article
1. From your Dashboard, select the Action button on a given edition
2. Select "Edit Articles" from the Action button dropdown menu
Note: If you have previously set up the TOC and are now adding article content, skip Steps 3 thru 8. Simply select the Article you wish to enhance and continue with Step 9.
3. Click "Add New Article"
4. Enter the article's Title
5. Enter the article's Author name (if listed)
6. Select the appropriate Section aka "Container" the article is associated to
7. Select the appropriate Page the article is associated to
- "Do not link LilyPad article to replica page" - selected this option if the article is not associated to replica PDF page. This will suppress the link from the enhanced article to the page replica.
- "This is an advertisement" - Select this option to associate an article to an Advertiser for analytics and/or styling purposes.
8. Click Create
9. Copy the body of the article text from the PDF and paste into the 'Body Setup and Preview' section: Source text box
10. Reformat the text to include applicable markdown option(s)**
11. Click New Image icon to select associated image(s) or drag and drop image(s) into image box.
We recommend extracting text and images from a copy of the print PDF with the colorspace set to RGB rather than CMYK. Transparencies should not be flattened if possible.
12. Click the Setting icon and then the Edit icon to:
a) make an image the Preview Image (select for first image appearing in the article)
b) adjust image anchoring position (only 3 squares may appear depending on the image dimensions)
c) enter an image Description in the text box
d) click Save
13. Click Save to save article
** Additional notes:
- Some markdown options will paste into the article text body area.
- For Enhanced Articles, we support the basic Markdown syntax as outlined here – https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax.
- We also support the following HTML tags – b, blockquote, code, del, dd, dl, dt, em, h1, h2, h3, i, kbd, li, ol, p, pre, s, sup, sub, strong, strike, ul, br, hr.
- We add video tags for mp4s, Vimeo links, and YouTube links in the same format as image links.