Setup A Login Only
With this option, readers will only be presented with an option to log in to the Digital Edition. This requires reader registration/subscription takes place on a third site. Active users will need to be communicated to the subscriptions database for authentication via CSV file upload, which may be completed in the Subscription tab in the your dashboard or through the XML Subscription API.
1. From your dashboard, click "Subscriptions"
2. Fill in the following information about your Login Only list:
3. Description – the name you would like to call your Login Only list.
Note: The description is not viewable by the end user.
4. Fill in the Length in Days.
Note: This is the length of time for your subscription. If you want readers to be able to view the publication for 1 year then you would type in 365 days. You may also grant unlimited access by entering 999999 in the database.
5. Price – Enter a placeholder/token price. For example, "1.00."
6. PayPal ID - Leave blank.
7. Do not check Registration Only.
8. Preview Pages – Enter an even number of pages if you'd like to give readers a preview.
9. Uncheck Offer to Public.
10. Do not check Outbound Email Only.
11. Do not fill in Custom Registration URL field.
12. Include Archives – If you would like to include archives, leave the field checked, if not, uncheck it.
Note: An archive issue is any issue that has been published prior to a given reader's subscription start date. By default archive issues are available to readers with a subscription that covers them. To remove access to archive issues from a subscription, uncheck the box marked Include Archives. For example, if a reader's subscription begin date is January 1, 2010 and "Include Archives" is unchecked, the subscriber will only be able to view issues with a published date of January 1, 2010 and any subsequent issues until his/her subscription expires. The subscriber will not be permitted to view issues with a publication date prior to January 1, 2010. To add archives back to a subscription, simply recheck the box.
13. Select Purchase Method – "Web"
14. Click "Add New"
15. Click the "+" sign to the left of the newly created reader registration list.
16. Choose the publication(s)/issue(s) you would like to associate the Login Only list to from the drop-down menus.
Note: You may choose “All Issues” to grant access to all the issues of the publication or a single issue, for example March 2017.